A 40-year-old lady, simply identified as Grace, has died as a result of a fire incident at Urude Quarters of Ozoro Community, Headquarters of Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State on Sunday evening.
It was gathered that the unfortunate incident occurred when she tried to refill her lantern with kerosene. Unknown to her, the product was adulterated.
The lady called for help but before her neighbours arrived the scene the fire had engulfed her.
She was later rushed to Victory Clinic by her neighbours where after she was referred to the Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Oghara as her condition worsened.
The victim gave up the ghost early hours of Monday at the Delta State University Teaching Hospital this week.