Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso has left hospital following Sunday’s crash in testing.
The McLaren driver, 33, has returned to his family home in Spain for further rest and recuperation.
As a result, he will miss the third and final testing session, which is due to start on Thursday in Barcelona.
McLaren said Kevin Magnussen will now share testing duties with Jenson Button at the Circuit de Catalunya, the scene of Alonso’s accident.
The Formula 1 season gets under way in Australia on 15 March.
Alonso suffered concussion when he crashed into a wall 20 laps into testing on Sunday and was airlifted to hospital under sedation.
A McLaren statement on Monday said he had been given body and brain scans in hospital, the results of which were “completely normal”.
A photo of a smiling Alonso sitting up in his hospital bed was also posted on social media by his manager.