The Lesotho U-20 team have been unable to travel to Nigeria to play in an African Under-20 Championship qualifier on Sunday, according to a BBC report.
The Lesotho government has put a travel ban in place for people arriving from areas with Ebola cases.
“If we left for the game we would not be allowed back into the country because of the government order,” Lesotho FA general secretary Mokhosi Mohapi told BBC Sport.
“We won’t be forfeiting this game without a fight.”
Mohapi added that the Lesotho Football Association (LFA) has written to the Confederation of African Football (Caf) about the chances of playing the game at a later date.
However they were yet to get a response from Caf that says they have not yet forfeited the match.
If Lesotho are forced to forfeit the qualifier it would mean that Nigeria qualify for next year’s African Under-20 Championship finals in Senegal.
Lesotho were due to play Nigeria in Kaduna on 16 August, the Senegalese match officials are ready in Nigeria.
So far there have been three confirmed deaths from Ebola in Nigeria, with all of the cases linked to the death of a Liberian visitor to Lagos on 25 July.
The outbreak has claimed the lives of more than a thousand people, mainly in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia.