The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has described its Sunday’s rally in Spain, tagged: “The Biafra Genocide Exhibition BGE,” as a success.
It declared that the event will spread to other countries of the world, the next destination being France despite the France ambassador to Nigeria, Denys Gauer, saying last week, that there was no future for Biafra.
IPOB on Sunday, March 12, executed a major project in its calendar to draw the attention of the international community to the alleged plight of its people in Nigeria when it staged an exhibition in Spain.
But the IPOB spokesperson, Powerful Emma, insisted that there were plans by the group to move to the next stage of the Biafra struggle.
He said in the statement, “They came from such countries as United States of America (USA); Canada; United Kingdom; Switzerland; Malaysia; Germany; France; India; Australia and several others.
“Africa countries were not left out, who came from Ghana; Congo; South Africa; Cote d’Ivoire; and several others.
“Among the Biafran leaders that attended was Uche Mefor, Deputy Leader of IPOB, and Deputy Director of Radio Biafra and Biafra Television; Uche Asiegbu, head of Directorate of State; and others.”
Powerful noted that the event which was attended by leaders and contributors of IPOB from over 60 countries was aimed at showcasing inhumane treatment meted to Biafra agitators by the federal government and its security agencies.
He added, “The intention of the Biafrans was to use the exhibition to expose to the world the atrocities that Nigerian government – and its wicked and unkind population – unleashed on the Biafran people under the guise of a war (urged on by British government) from 1967 – 1970.”
The group further accused the former head of state Yakubu Gowon efforts to kill, “Biafrans through bombing of hospitals, schools, train stations and bus stations.”
“The Biafrans also wanted the world to know about the current genocide being perpetrated against them currently since Buhari took the reins of power.
“They wanted to tell the world about the Fulani herdsmen that Buhari unleashed on Biafra communities to kill, annihilate and take over their lands; the Boko Haram which he trained, funded, and unleashed on the people together other Northern Muslim rulers; as well as the atrocities of the so-called Nigerian military – which is nothing but an army of occupation of Biafraland.
“But the Nigerian government, its officials, and most unexpectedly the British government, did not want the world to know about these things.
“That was why stunts were played; and lies told to either take attention away from it (since they could not stop it); or limit its reach. They equally tried to shape public opinion against it.
“One of the ways they tried to do this was to fix the ‘movie’ they called ‘the return of their President Buhari’ on the first day of the exhibition.
“They hoped that the reportage of it by their Lagos/Ibadan media would be able to drawn out the news.
“Next, they bribed French Ambassador to Nigeria, Denys Gauer (as Nigerian government has always done with ambassadors of countries sent to it), to speak against Biafra. The attempt was to douse the moral fiber of the Biafra agitation.
“Unfortunately for Nigeria government, Gauer, and all other one-Nigerianists, the Biafra Genocide Exhibition (BGE) is not a one-off event. Instead, it is one that would eventually be replicated in many countries of the world. From France, it would fan out to other countries.
“Indeed, what the leaders did in Spain was to light the touch of the exhibition which they would take to their countries of abode”, he said.
The IPOB Spokesperson further revealed that the next exhibition will be hosted in France, a plan focused on encouraging the French government and its people to support Biafra agitation.
“From France the exhibition will go to other countries like Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium, Australia, Italy, Russia, United States of America, Switzerland, and all countries were IPOB is found. Biafra is winning,” IPOB said.