Inter Milan director Bedy Moratti has claimed that Jose Mourinho will be taking over at Manchester United, the Evening Standard reports.
Moratti made this claim after a meeting with the former Chelsea manager who is in the Italian capital for a meeting with Moratti’s brother, former club president Massimo.
It is being speculated that having distanced himself from rumours that he would once more replace Roberto Mancini at Inter, it appears that Mourinho has told Bedy that he expects to make a return to the Premier League.
After a lunch with Mourinho and ex-Inter striker Ronaldo she told Calciomercato: “He’s always fantastic and we missed him as a person here.”
However she ruled out a return to Milan, adding: “He’s happy now, he’s going to Manchester.”
Reports led by the Independent on Sunday last month claimed that Mourinho had already set out his plans should he replace the embattled Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford, with United declining to respond to claims they had undergone discussions with the 53-year-old.
The two-time Champions League winner has since suggested that that he has been made aware of interest in his services, telling La Stampa: “My next club? I really don’t know.
“Right now I have respect for every Coach and every club. I’m not looking for a club; it’s the clubs who are looking for me.”