Mike Ozekhome, the lawyer to embattled senator, Dino Melaye, has vowed to file an appeal on Tuesday against the judgement by the federal high court ordering continuation of the process for the federal lawmaker’s recall.
The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, presided by Justice Nnamdi Dimgba, had ordered the continuation of the recall process after dismissing the senator’s motion against it.
Melaye’s lawyer, Ozekhome, who told Premium Times that he had been directed to file the appeal, said: “We are challenging the judgment. The appeal against the judgment would be filed tomorrow.
“A fresh motion against the respondents will also be filed.
“We are specifically appealing against parts of the court judgement that did not favour us.
“You know that they did not initially want to disclose the identities of the petitioners to our client. But today, the court has ordered that they should provide the details of all the signatories.
“After looking at them and being able to show that some of them are fake, the names of dead people, I can assure you that we will start a fresh legal battle against the respondents,” Ozekhome said.