Those of us familiar with Psalm 91 know that it’s a promise from God to keep the believer from danger.
The Lord hasn’t promised us that there would be no danger but he said he would keep us away from it.
For those living in Nigeria, the Coronavirus is not really a threat because it is being speculated that the virus cannot thrive in warmer climate. (Please note that is simply a speculation not a proven scientific fact)
For those living in the West, however, it is a real threat especially the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions. This is the time to remember the promises made in Psalm 91v3 that “surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence”.
As Christians we have the assurance from God that he will protect us even if there is danger on the street and it is important to hold on to these promises from him.
As you continue to enjoy the weekend, please take some time to meditate on Psalm 91:
1. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9. Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Please remember to always wash your hands and try as much as possible to keep your hands from your face when in public.
God bless you and keep you safe throughout the new week.