One of President Trump’s most loyal staff and White House counselor, Kellyanne Conway, announced Sunday evening she will leave her post at the end of the month while her husband, George Conway, said he was withdrawing from The Lincoln Project, both citing a need to focus on their family.
“I will be transitioning from the White House at the end of this month. George is also making changes,” Kellyanne Conway said in a statement.
“We disagree about plenty but we are united on what matters most: the kids. Our four children are teens and ‘tweens starting a new academic year, in middle school and high school, remotely from home for at least a few months. As millions of parents nationwide know, kids ‘doing school from home’ requires a level of attention and vigilance that is as unusual as these times.”
George Conway tweeted minutes earlier that he was withdrawing from The Lincoln Project — a group formed by anti-Trump Republicans — to “devote more time to family matters.”
Kellyanne Conway is scheduled to speak at this week’s Republican National Convention, but it’s unclear if she will still do so.
One of the Conways’ high school-aged daughters has generated attention on social media about her family and their political views over the last several months.