MTN Nigeria has denied reports that it has sacked thousands of workers at its call centres, according to a Daily Post report.
Responding to the reports, MTN Executive, Amina Oyagbola, said the news was mere speculation.
She said: “The reports are incorrect. The second phase of a change-in-vendor process took place last week, offering interested workers the opportunity to join the new call centres owned and operated by the vendor; ISON BPO.
“MTN signed an outsourcing contract with ISON BPO Limited in 2015 following a competitive bid process.
“Indeed MTN’s call centre operations were outsourced to independent third party agencies since 2008, as part of continued efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of customer service delivery in MTN.
“This is in line with global best practice for organisations in our industry”.
Also speaking, ISON Group CEO, Pravin Kumar said: “We have been managing MTN’s call centres since last year when the first phase of the transition was carried out, with the second phase taking place at this time.
“We were pleased to have emerged as the new partner to deliver cost-effective solutions, adopting state-of-the-art technology that supports world-class customer service.”
The South African telecoms giant, last Wednesday denied an allegation that it had illegally repatriated 13.92 billion dollars from Nigeria, saying the claim was without merit.