THE KINDNESS CHALLENGE is a really simple one and it requires doing any or all of these three things:
1) Give something that won’t cost you anything to someone who needs that thing, preferably anonymously.
2) Give something that costs you very little to someone who needs that thing, again preferably anonymously.
3) Forgo something that you merely want in order to meet someone’s need. In other words, exchange your wants for someone else’s needs.
Because Psalm 41:1-3 says:
“Blessed is he who considers the poor;
The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble.
2 The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive,
And he will be blessed on the earth;
You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies.
3 The Lord will strengthen him on his bed of illness;
You will sustain him on his sickbed.
When you give a person a much needed gift, especially if they cannot identify the giver,
1) they praise God
2) God is glorified (from their praise) on account of what you did
3) God lifts you up as a result of that
Psalm 41:1 above can be read in conjunction with Psalm 18:3 below
“I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies” – Psalm 18:3
God saves you for your enemies when he is praised and it makes no difference whether the praise came from your own mouth or someone else praised him on account of what you did for that person.
Take part in the kindness challenge today, bearing in mind that the emphasis is not what the gift costs you (it may actually cost you nothing) but the impact it has on the recipient.
Do it today and test God’s faithfulness.
May the blessings of the Lord Jesus Christ rest and abide with you today and for the rest of the week.